Awards & Certifications
Angie’s List Super Services Award
Atherton Painting is proud a recipient of the Super Services Award from Angie’s List again for the third year in a row. Every year, Angie’s List gives the Super Services Award to the top A-rated companies in their category. The winners are based on overall customer reviews and ratings submitted to Angie’s List. In fact, less than 5% of businesses listed on Angie’s List earn this award. With numerous excellent reviews about our painting and renovation services, we are proud to be a winner of this prestigious award.
EPA Lead Certified Renovations Expert
Professionals that perform renovations, repairs, or painting services in houses built before 1978 must be trained to do so according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) rule. Certified and fully trained, Atherton Painting is a EPA & State Lead-Safe Certified Contractor and is equipped to handle any potential lead paint hazard while working in your business or home.
Protect your family from lead paint by hiring a lead-safe certified company. Call Atherton Painting today at (518) 415-5845 to take care of all of your home repair, painting and renovation needs and relieve your concerns about lead-based paint!
Testimonials About our Painting & Renovation Services
Here’s what some of our satisfied customers from Albany to Saratoga to Queensbury and beyond had to say about our home remodeling, construction, and painting services:
- Our home is over 100 years old and needed a face lift. After meeting James and discussing the job at hand he offered me a fair price, noting the realistic repair work needed. His crew was conscientious and all were competent craftsmen. They where detail oriented and meticulous, treating our home as if it were their own. James completed the project on time and within budget, most importantly without any hidden surprises.
Nick G. – Saratoga Springs, NY
- I am very pleased with the results of painting my kitchen; not an easy task. The wall prep was terrific as well as the attention given to trim, molding and casing details. The crew was polite, kept the area clean and was very professional. I’d recommend Atherton Painting and plan to use them for the exterior of my home. Top notch.
Antoinette Jackson, Principal, Jackson Interior Design Inc.
- James and his crew, especially Mike and Mike, were amazing. My house was built in 1903, and I think the kitchen started out as a porch. The floors sloped, the ceiling sloped and none of the walls are even. There was no insulation, and my pipes kept freezing, in both the kitchen and bathroom. They came in, and gutted everything back to the studs, found a way to level all the floors, rebuild window frames, and basically start from scratch. The end result is amazing. It doesn’t even look like the same house. They used the same basic footprint of the floorplan, but it works SO much better now. I would highly recommend this contractor.
Greta D. in Schenectady, NY
- Best Painting Services in Upstate NY
I had a response almost immediately, a quote a couple of hours later and the work done promptly. I am very pleased with the quality of work – the house looks so clean, the painting was done neatly and looks great. I was very impressed with the owner who presented as competent, polite and genuinely concerned with the customer experience. It all happened so quickly that I only met him when I paid him (after all the work was completed) – I was confident he would do a good job and he took a leap of faith that he would be paid. I will be using his services again and again.
Kathleen W. in Queensbury, NY
- James and his crew came and gave an estimate for a bathroom remodel. Construction time was of the essence and James delivered on getting the bathroom done in a timely manner. Once walls and floors were ripped up, we ran into a snag with the plumbing. James was very professional in handling the situation and the problem was resolved quickly. His team was very professional and accommodating as well. They cleaned up after themselves when the project was complete. Overall it was a very successful project. I would consider using Atherton Painting and Construction LLC again for our future projects.
Brent C. in Fishkill, NY
- James was very professional and he did a fantastic job! I will definitely use him again when the opportunity presents itself.
Express in Lake George, NY
- James called us within hours of posting and was here promptly to give us estimate. He was very nice and very helpful. His price was right. He worked around our schedules. Would hire/recommend this company again. House and garage look great!!
Thomas C. in Queensbury, NY
- James came over and gave me an estimate of the job– money, time, what would be involved etc. He and his crew promptly came to start the job. He pointed out previous flaws I had in the bathroom and proceeded to fix them. The work was finished right on time and it was very professionally done. I am very happy with his service and plan on keep on using his company.
David M. in Albany, NY
- Atherton painted our house, garage and shed, including foundation, porch and trim. It looks 20 years younger, just terrific. Owner James communicates well and is easy to work with. His crew is polite. All went according to projected schedule, even with some misty rain coming down. Considering him to do interior rooms at a later date. Could not be happier.
Gloria M. in Glens Falls, NY
- Very professional and easy to work with. Great job.
Camille S. in Saratoga Springs, NY
- James and the team came in and did a remodeling of my kitchen. They arrived promptly and actually got the job done in half the time they originally thought it would. This was despite the fact that they identified an unexpected issue which need to be fixed. For that issue they quickly informed me what was need and the estimated cost, got my concurrence and then implemented the change without missing a beat. Very professional across the board and a pleasure to work with. I will use them again for my next job.
Philip B in Rexford, NY
- Excellent job!! House looks awesome!!
Lou T. in Saratoga Springs, NY
- We hired Atherton Painting & Construction to finish our basement and we are very pleased with the results. I contacted James and within a few days he was over and provided me with a detailed and reasonable estimate. We agreed upon a price and the details of the project and they started the basement a few weeks later. Mark (project manager) is extremely knowledgable and a skilled craftsman. They were always on time, cleaned up after themselves and were always helpful when we had questions. Mark and Tyler did a great job with everything including electrical, framing, drywall, paint etc. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We are extremely happy with the final project and I highly recommend Atherton Painting & Renovations. We already have a few other projects in mind that I will definitely contact them for! Thanks again Atherton!
- During the entire process from evaluation to completion, James and his team we very professional. The were very communicative the entire time. Scheduling and progress updates were given regularly and we are pleased with the results. Came in on quote, and did not increase price for a couple of small additions I made. Our only regret is that we didn’t do it sooner!
Joseph M. in Clifton Park, NY
- Best Painting Services in Upstate NY
Atherton painting did a fantastic job! James Atherton and his employees are neat clean cut professionals. My house looks 20 years younger! They showed up on time, and finished right on schedule. Not only did the do a great job on painting my home but also the carpentry. I’m completely satisfied with this company and would recommend to all!Atherton Painting, Construction and Renovation Services
If you’re in Upstate NY and looking for a painting services, deck cleaning, exterior remodeling, Wallpaper Removal, tile floor installation, Staining, or carpentry work done, call the professionals at Atherton Painting & Renovations and we will make sure you’re taken care of the very first time! Call us today at (518) 415-5845 or fill out our quick and easy contact us form online to get started today.